Greetings YC Association Members!
I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for your participation in our spring leadership conference. What a great bunch of Youth and Advisors we have. As a board we feel like it was a great success! Please take a moment to share with your YC councils and City Councils the fun “taking it home” video and also the amazing list of service that was completed by so many in such a short amount of time. AWESOME!
Your feedback through the evaluation forms has been a tremendous help as we now look forward to next year’s conference. We have read carefully all the feedback and feel with a few more tweaks we will achieve the correct balance of council time and the opportunity to meet new friends from other councils.
Here are a few things we are working as a result of our advisors meeting:
- Assessing Association dues of all councils desiring to be officially part of the association.
- Determining the perks of belonging to the association, for example . . .
- Only those belonging to the Association and current on dues will be able to register for leadership conferences.
- Advisors of member councils will be invited to a conference held once a year for training and/or to exchange ideas among advisors.
- Only members of the association will have voting rights during the Annual Advisor Business Meeting.
- A quarterly newsletter will be sent to members.
- Scholarships will only available to current members.
- Access will be provided to web information concerning dates, times, and info on conference and other association activities.
- Checking into the possibilities of a 2ndconference to accommodate all councils from North to South; determining timing and venue as well
- Starting the process to update our charter
- Contacting each city in our state to encourage additional councils to join us in our association
- Working towards scholarship funds that can be awarded to our YC members this coming year
We have some work ahead of us but want you to know that we are committed to making this association a benefit to those who choose to participate.
Continue to help your Councils…Rise Up, Stand Together and Be the Good!
Thanks a bunch!
Lisa Summers, President